Local restaurant chain warned after serving alcohol to child
May 10, 2011, 4:31 am
An Olive Garden in Lakeland which was accused of accidentally serving a 2 year old boy sangria has been warned but not fined. Jill VanHeest says she took her son Nikolai to the hospital after the incident on March 31. The boy was given fluids and was safely released several hours later. State agents from the Department of Business and Regulation plan to train employees at that Lakeland restaurant and hold surprise inspections at additional locations. Olive Garden has said it used pre-mixed sangria in containers, but now the drink is made to order.