March 22nd, 2011, by izonorlando

Meals and Miles

Season 1. Episode 2 – “Vixen Fitness”

Join Meghann as she explores a fitness regime waaay outside her comfort zone!

Popular Bookmarks

More Bookmarks

19 Comments

1. G says:

Best video yet.
    Although I completely disagree with this type of thing in general (won't start the debate), you really approched it professionnally - good job.

2. Courtney says:

I am so impressed by you, Meg! Thanks so much for checking this place out - I wish we had something like this in my part of Texas! You rocked the pole!

3. [...] everyone check out my latest episode of Meals & Miles on IzonOrlando.com [...]

4. cindyloo says:

I think it would have been better to pass on this one b/c she doesn't look comfortable in the class at all, which is something I'm sure most women would feel even in a 101 type class. If you're trying to convince people to try new things, you need to be comfortable doing them to really showcase how awesome they are. I've always wondered about pole dancing classes b/c I see Groupons for them all the time, but I think I'd feel just how she looked, so I'll save my money.

• Will says:

Thanks for the comment cindyloo...however, I have to disagree with you, and clarify what the show is about. At the heart of it, the show is about the viewer experiencing all of these new things ALONG WITH Meghann. You can see what the different activities are about, from the perspective of someone who has not had much, if any, experience with the activity. If you think she looked uncomfortable, perhaps it was because this was the very fist time she tried to do this. Believe me, with just a couple attempts at the class, you can bet her comfort level would go up. So sorry to hear you are looking to pass on this one simply because you think you'd look uncomfortable. The fact is that anyone would feel odd anytime they tried to do anything for the first time. As with any activity, repeated exposure is the key to mastering it.

5. Teacher Girl says:

6. Laura says:

I disagree with you cindyloo! I would feel SO uncomfortable in a class like this. However, seeing that someone else who was very nervous to try it went to the class, did the best they could and had a great experience encourages me! If the show was focused on Meghann only going to locations where she was comfortable, it would be a boring show!

7. Teacher Girl says:

I don't know if this went through the first time so I am posting it again.
    Just wanted to say that I agree with Will. Does she look a little awkward? Yes. But it was her first time in the class! Any workout you try is going to be a little weird the first time around. The first time I went to Zumba I was scared and lost and now I go all the time because it is my favorite type of workout. I say major kudos to Meghann for trying this workout and giving it a great effort!

8. Erin says:

Interesting idea, but I have to agree with the commenter above. She looks very awkward and uncomfortable, even when she says it's great. This video doesn't make me want to try it.
    I would like more of the other women in the class who seem very at ease.

9. A says:

I liked the interview with the owner and manager. Not so much the class.

10. Kate says:

What a great episode! I'm so glad you switched to the lapel mics -- so much prettier and less distracting.

11. Paige says:

I could not get the sound to work! argh!

12. Leslie says:

Meghann rules!

That is all.

13. FlSweetness says:

She is doing great for a first timer!!! I've taken an Intro to Pole class and they are very empowering AND a great workout. Every woman should try it. Next stop: VIXEN FITNESS!!!

14. Shayla says:

I don't know what other commentators on here are talking about?! Meghann absolutely rocked it out and looked like she was having so much fun. She looked great and I think she did an awesome job of representing the class. You go girl! :)

15. Sue says:

I have been to Vixen and it is awesome. Everyone is great and it feels like our own little womens club.

16. Kim says:

Looks like an enjoyable workout and a great change of pace from the typical exercise routine.

17. Allison says:

I wish I lived closer to Orlando, I would totally try this! Great job, guys!

18. Cindy says:

Too bad they are using a brand name already established before them in another state that has been for years :-(

RSS feed for comments on this post. • TrackBack URL

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

More Great Shows...

Follow iZonOrlando on Pinterest!

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress