February 8th, 2011, by izonorlando

Meals and Miles

Season 1. Pilot

Tired of going to the gym? No worries, there’s a whole world of exercise out there and Meghann Anderson will take you on a journey to discover new ways to keep fit.

This week – try out Rebounderz for some bouncing-off-the-walls fun!

rebounderz.com

Popular Bookmarks

More Bookmarks

39 Comments

1. Meghann, the show looks great! You are a wonderful host! :)

2. Meghann, love the show and you look great. Can't wait to watch more shows online.

3. that is the COOLEST thing ever!!!!! I LOVE trampolines-- great fun and a great workout! I especially love when the lights go all dark!
    awesome job!

4. Jessica says:

You look great Meghann! Awesome pilot :)

5. WOW this is amazing Meghann!! You're famous! :D

You're an awesome host and you look great and so natural on camera :)

6. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Katy Widrick, Meghann Anderson and Carrie, Meghann Anderson. Meghann Anderson said: RT @kwidrick: @MealsAndMiles About to watch you on @izonOrlando now! http://bit.ly/ff8wmb [...]

7. Kim says:

Love this concept! I know where my next date night is - Rebounderz! :) Keep the ideas coming!

8. Angela says:

I love this! Good job Meghann!!

Rebounderz is coming near me!! I will certainly have to check it out when it comes!!

9. polly says:

Great job!!! You are so cute on camera, very fun idea. Can't wait for more M & M episodes!!!
    XO

10. Wow! This was great! Can't wait to see the other episodes :) Great job!!

11. Carol says:

Looks like sooo much fun! Good job, Meaghan!

12. Candice says:

Great Job. You rock!

13. Helen says:

I'm sorry, but I couldn't watch this for more than 30 seconds!!! It was annoying!

• Will says:

We're really sorry to hear you say that, Helen..but we appreciate constructive criticism. Would you be willing to be more specific? What exactly was it that annoyed you? Seeing as how this is just the pilot for the show, we are looking for ways to make the show better. Your input would be greatly appreciated!

14. Helen says:

Honestly, I don't want to be rude because she seems like a very nice person, but she just seems very into herself and the body language annoyed me. The idea and concept of the show is excellent though!!! :)

15. Celebrating says:

[...] thank you, thank you, thank you for all the great comments regarding the premiere of my show this [...]

16. Great pilot, Meghann! You seem so comfortable and confident in front of the camera.

17. grace b says:

I had a hard time loading this video, is there an easy way to see if the content has loaded? (such as on youtube with a full video being inducated clearly)

• Will says:

Grace...the content does not load...it streams. It should play without hiccups once you hit play. If its stutters or seems slow, please make sure you are connected via broadband. If you have any further issues, please contact me directly. Thanks!

18. Big Jim Picato says:

This show makes me want to become Medium Jim.

19. Jean says:

Such a neat concept! Way to go Meghann!!! You rock this show!

20. Kiran says:

Great Pilot friend! Wahoo!!!

21. Laura says:

I just found your blog yesterday and I love it! Great job on your first show-very cool!

22. Reenie says:

Meghann ~ you did great!! You look totally comfortable in front of the camera. You were upbeat.....never stumbled. Great interviews. You look beautiful and your hair looks great too!!

Congrats to you again ~

23. Kristina says:

I read Meghann's blog daily and love it, but I do have to agree with Helen a bit. She did a great job hosting but the body language is a bit off-putting, I think it may be the hand on the hip. Other than that, she did an awesome job and seems already really comfortable in front of a camera. Great work Meghann!

24. Trampolines says:

What a great job you did. Love your show

25. Callie says:

I couldn't agree more with Kristina. Meghann is obviously upbeat and full of energy, but I think it comes off as an over-confidence in the video that is distracting from the interviewee/Rebounderz (look to the segment at 1:30). Being uncomfortable in front of the camera is much harder to fix!

26. Elizabeth says:

This site is lame.. they don't PUBLISH comments that do not agree or compliment...

• Will says:

Not true "Elizabeth". We just try not to post comments whose email addresses we find to be fake. Like yours. For this time, we made an exception. Hope you have a fantastic day!

27. Julie says:

Cool concept, but the intro is way too long. I almost didn't make it to the actual show. Agree with some others that she needs more practice being more relatable/down o earth in front of the camera. A for effort. I'll be back :)

28. iZonOrlando says:

Some people have been complaining about their posts not showing up here. Please allow me to explain.

We at iZonOrlando.com, consider ourselves a community. We are here to support all different facets of Orlando, with the help of some great people from here in Orlando. We don't censor our posts for the most part, with the sole exception of mean-spirited personal attacks. We feel there is a way to get your opinion across without resorting to name calling or downright insults. If you don't like the show...or the host...or the site...we are happy to have you voice your opinion. In a mature, thoughtful way. We welcome all kinds of constructive criticism. That's the way we wil all learn and grow from our mistakes. But we will not put up with childish, immature comments on our site. If you'd like to be mean, I'm sure there is some YouTube video that is dying to hear your negativity.

If you will look above, you will see comments that are NOT positive. They talk about some negative issues with the episode and the host...but they're done with kindness and compassion. We will never censor negative comments if they are written in this way. But rest assured...if you decide to go the other way with your comment...you won't find it here. We want to make Orlando, and this site, a great place to live and visit. Flaming someone does not promote that.

So, please. Consider people's feelings when leaving comments. Imagine if it was you that people were talking about. We can all have our say. There's just a way to say things that help and build..and then there's the comments we won't allow on the site.

Thanks for your attention and cooperation!

The iZonOrlando Staff

29. Casey says:

Wow! That looks like a blast. :)

30. meyghan says:

Hey,

So I think it was very well done. But since I always find constructive comments the most helpful:

1) You need to have someone else selecting the music (sorry if it's you). I understand you're probably constrained by copyright and the inability to afford royalties right now, but it reminds me of low-budget eighties work-out video in the worst of ways.

2) I find the montage at the beginning the most amateurish part of the show. It's not just the music. It's overlong. The clips are generic but poorly assembled. And there's no unique stamp. Short, sweet and Meghann- that's the intro I think the video should get across.

3) I disagree with some other commenters. I think Meghann comes across great when she's more candid. Her brief comments throughout the course were the best, her memorized promo at the end and her initial interview with the host were the weakest. But I think a lot of that may have just been due to nerves. Her cadence is a little off, and when asking the questions, I think she's so nervous about there being dead space, that she doesn't really listen for an answer and try to riff off that- but plunges straight into her next one. It's great you're prepared, and knowing those questions will come in handy. But treat it like you're actually talking to someone. There were lots of opportunities to go on little interesting tangents based on his responses that would have been fun and illustrative.

Anyway, there are a few other minor things, but they're more technical, and this is a novel already. I don't want to detract from the fact that I thought this was excellent. I just know you probably want to be excellent plus ;)

• Will says:

Meyghan! Thank you! Your comments were well thought out and we absolutely appreciate the constructive criticism. We were already taking some of your points into consideration before you pointed them out here, but your suggestions and view points are invaluable to help us iron out the show. After all...this IS only the pilot!

Once again, thank you for leaving such a smart and insightful comment!

31. Lindsay says:

I love the concept of the show. I don't know if the segments have to be around 10 minutes long but I felt like this could have been edited down quite a bit, or possibly have the time cut by doing some voiceovers over the longer "b roll" type footage as opposed to just music. That's the kind of stuff that will work itself out over a few episodes, I imagine. The name of the segment doesn't make sense...I understand the host has a blog with the same name that I'm sure she wants to "brand," but it doesn't fit with the concept of the show at all. Other than that, I can't wait to see what other activities the show will feature.

32. Allison says:

Just a few thoughts:

I agree with everyone else about the opening - it's long and the footage seems very old and stock-like. Maybe some shots of Meghann doing active things instead, since she is the show, or eating at various Orlando restaurants? Also, if you want this to appeal to men, you might want to throw in some guys working out in the opening too!

The music is a little 80s...

Lots of the shots seemed really low and pointing up at Meghann and who she was interviewing...it didn't make for very good shots.

Just an idea...since it's called 'Meals and Miles' make half the show about the workout and the other half about eating healthy at various Orlando restaurants?

Meghann, you did a great job in the interviews! The negative comments about your body language, etc, seem mostly due to nervousness/excitement, which should definitely get better over time. Good job and good luck!

• Will says:

Thanks for the comments Allison! I agree with a lot of what you said. The open is indeed too long. We are in the process of shortening that as we speak. However, until we get enough footage of Meghann, we will not be incorporating her in the open. In fact, we may never do that, since this show is about lots of people getting fit, we want to show other people doing so. Meghann is the host, and the show is based around her blog, but its to help lots of other people.

Your idea of making half the show about meals is exactly the point. We were not able to shoot a "meals" segment into the pilot, but we are planning on incorporating those segments into future shows. However...it won't be about Meghann eating at Orlando restaurants (we have several other shows that focuses on that in development as we speak)...instead it will be Meghann giving out tips for fitness meals. Just like she does on her blog at present.

Once again, thank you for your well thought out comments! Rest assured we are listening to everyone's feedback and are already incorporating some of the suggestions. In the meantime, thank you for watching!

33. Overall, great segment!
    I could practically feel Meghann's nerves, I imagine they will start to even out and she will get to be more comfortable behind the camera as time goes on. While all we see is the finished product, I would recommend that Meghann practice in front of the mirror, anytime I have to present or be in front of a camera (while that isn't very often) it makes a huge difference in comfort and confidence without letting the nerves show.
    I agree with other commenters about the intro montage being too long and too stock, perhaps swapping out the runners with Meghann to at least show her in the beginning. I wasn't sure I had clicked on the correct video at first.
    As I stated above, great segment. Can't wait to see how everything progresses!

34. VeggieGirl says:

THIS IS AWESOME!!! :)

RSS feed for comments on this post. • TrackBack URL

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

More Great Shows...

Follow iZonOrlando on Pinterest!

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress